If there is one thing you can count on in November, it's that everyone is going to trot out their attitude of gratitude. Off the bat, let's say that I'm eternally thankful for my wonderfully supportive husband and my amazing kids--that always seems to be what people say they are thankful for first. Engaging in this process allegedly will improve your mood in 21 days.
It makes sense--if you retrain your brain to look for the positive, rather than the negative, it will start filtering as such and you'll be a more positive person. We had a whole seminar on it at the Scentsy convention and I was fascinated. The guy said 5 things your grateful for per day & they cannot be repeated. People who are already happy and balanced thought it was boring. To each her own, I suppose.
I guess we could give it a whirl? And we'll see if I'm all sunshine and kittens come November 21st.
I missed yesterday because I was talking about Savannah.
So, for November 1, I am thankful for the following five things: 1) I am thankful for my first in-laws. They have been classy and honest and loving and involved. They find my daughter the lovely person she is and they thank me for being the parent I am because they recognize that kids like her don't just happen. They have enveloped M2 into the fold and have even treated M3 as they always have M1 and 2. They remember M2's birthday and always include her when they send a card or something to M1.
2) I'm thankful for my good girlfriends. Many of them live nowhere near me--in fact, a majority of them don't. And yet, they have been stalwart supporters no matter how deeply in the ditch I have found myself. If it weren't for them, I would most certainly have allowed messages directed toward me, though I knew them to be patently false, to affect me. Now? Nope. I've spent over three decades buying into that garbage and I'm freeing myself of it. Life is too short.
3) First class air travel and the perks it involves--especially when it is travel that is booked for me & not paid for by me.
4) Sweet potato creme brulee
5) Unexpected, large orders from new Scentsy customers.
For November 2nd, I'm thankful for the following 5 things:
1) I am thankful that my girls are learning to play the piano in a real and meaningful way.
2) I am thankful M1's hard work paid off & she's been invited to perform in her piano school's recital.
3) I am thankful that my husband has been able to be home each night this week rather than working two shifts each day.
4) I am thankful for daycare.
5) I am thankful for my home & the heat.
I am also thankful for bedtimes that come for Mommy before 10 p.m. Tonight is not one of those nights and, of course, tomorrow is an early morning for me. M1 has an orthodontist appointment. Not sure how that's going to go. They took impressions last week for a retainer for her to wear prior to braces. She has 4 teeth to lose, that we've been waiting MONTHS to come out, before braces.
She lost one last night. She lost another tonight. There are now gaping holes in her mouth! Not even sure if the retainer they have made will fit now. Bet they will be sad they offer those for free, won't they?
Ai-yi-yi. We shall see.