She's my new Nesco Roaster that I purchased via Amazon when they had a huge markdown on them in a Daily Deal kind of way.
She's promised to serve as the equivalent of a double oven. If you've ever seen my oven, you'd know that wouldn't take much effort. My kitchen is Barbie sized and my oven is Easy Bake-esque.
I determined if we're having real, live Thanksgiving in this house this year, we would need a way to make a turkey (which will eat up my oven for HOURS) but also have sides, etc.
I debated making the turkey in the roaster, but then worried I'd miss out on the chance at golden, crispy turkey skin on the bird. I'm not sure how one does that in the roaster, but I think I can manage it in the oven. So, I'm likely going to emply the roaster for multi-purposes on the big day. That required a purchase of an accessory.
I've spent many moments trying to figure out what those sides will be. Seriously. It should not be this hard.
I almost have it noodled out in my mind, though, so that we will be able to do all the traditional Thanksgiving things that the girls would like to see.
Oh, who am I kidding?! Really only M1 eats more than a couple things at a time and she will be celebrating the holiday with her dad's family and eating her grandma's awesome food (lucky!). M2 is as picky as can be. The youngest would eat anything and everything, so that's never a concern. It's actually my husband who loves Thanksgiving the most and has too many favorites served on that day to count. He's a big eater on Thanksgiving. It's the food that makes it his favorite holiday. He's had enough stress and disappointment in his life the past couple years. This Thanksgiving is NOT going to join his list of craptastic moments.
Nope. I can totally do this.
I think. (Don't you love the confidence?)
If things turn out, I'll post photos. If they don't, we'll be going out for lunch and dinner.
I missed my 5 yesterday, so here goes for the Friday the 4th's five:
1) I appreciate my Keurig. (Have I already put that on a list? I wouldn't doubt it).
2) I am happy to have a job flexible enough that I can volunteer for library duty at the girls' school.
3) I am grateful that M2's hard work on her reading skills is paying off finally.
4) I am thankful for a healthy daughter who loves to swim.
5) I am thankful for flannel sheets. Brrr!
I better do today's, even though it's not even 1/2 way over--you never know when it could go south.
1) I am thankful for Dunkin' Donuts coffee in XL cups.
2) I am thankful for leftover meatloaf. So good!
3) I am thankful for my sister.
4) I am thankful for ABC Family's movie weekends--after football, it's something fun to watch.
5) I am thankful that my husband's drill weekend is actually just a weekend for once.