Oh, I'd been doing so well too! It isn't that things haven't been happening, however, I have found that by going to bed closer to 10 rather than 11, I am able to function more like a human and less like a zombie. I have been ticking off gratitude in my head, but I'm not sure that counts, so I cannot guarantee that my outlook on life will have changed completely by the 21st. Maybe by the end of the month?
Is everyone else maintaining the attitude of gratitude this month? It is kind of fun, after all.
Today, I had a ton to be thankful for even before heading to work.
1) Although it poured rain several times today, it never poured when I had to be outside a building.
2) I filled a shopping cart to overflowing at Cub Foods today & had the money to pay for it all.
3) I saved over $86 on that cart of groceries & scored my turkey for $9.25.
4) My husband came straight from his night shift to the store to help me bag said groceries. He loaded my car with me and then stopped at Tim Horton's on the way home (while I went home to start unloading), to pick up caramel cafe mochas for us.
5) My daughter is on the basketball court tonight after being feverish and having a sore throat Friday night.
I am still pretty excited about Thanksgiving, even if it's just going to be us at the Fort minus M1. She'll be with her dad's family to celebrate the holiday and her 13th birthday. I'm really hoping to carve out time with her on Sunday so that we can celebrate before she leaves. I have gifts for her. I want to take her to dinner where she requested and I want to take her shopping as she has asked numerous times. If the Coach Factory store puts out another coupon, we may go to the outlet mall. If not, then it's likely The Greene for us. I really want to see what this Charming Charlie's accessory store is all about and it sounds like it's reasonably priced too.
I will not be joining the throngs of folks shopping on Black Friday, however. For one, my husband has to work. For two, I have never been a fan. Once online shopping came into being, I see no reason. I will earn free shipping, I recieve money back via UPromise, and I usually make out just as well, if not better, than trying to figure this all out at the store. Plus, I don't have to schelp it all around--it comes to my house and I hide it. Done!
This will definitely be a different year for the holidays. But, different is good. I am enjoying different. Different is less stressful. Different is empowering. Different reminds me that I am the boss of me. Period.
Different makes me smile.