ER doc: big fat 0
Not that the news bears well for M2, but there WAS something rattling 'round in her lungs, just like I told the ER doctor last night. It's called bronchitis. I took M2 to her pediatrician today for a follow-up only to be sent for a chest x-ray and blood test (sat for THREE hours to get these because they FORGOT us at the Urgent Care) and then back to the peds for a huge antibiotic shot and exchange of numbers for weekend use.
Hubs and I had a mother of an argument this evening...really showed our rear ends. I ended up deciding M1 would be better of with my mom and dad this weekend. M1 spent the majority of the day today either crying (because she was worried about M2) or with her coat over her head (because M2 was having a tantrum of some sort) and I decided if Hubs couldn't behave himself and watch his tone, I should just give the kid a break. She and Mamaw will have a terrific time as long as Mamaw doesn't try and convince M1 that she should be sad that she's there and that M1's Mommy needs medication...both of which are probably true, but she's 7 and well-adjusted and understands after only 24 hours with her sister that SOMEONE needs to give Mom a break!
Not wanting to bet if we'll be in the hospital for New Year's, but if we are, I'll be sure to pay a visit to the ER doctor to let him know what a fruit ball he is.
Boxes, boxes and more boxes to stuff this weekend. Soldiers' needs do not wait & I'm determined to get those boxes out by mid-January at the latest.