I knew the e-mail or letter or phone call would come. It has been on my mind several times each and every day. I also had hoped that things would develop in such a way that when the e-mail arrived, I'd have a master plan.
The e-mail arrived tonight from the adoption agency that works with the NGO who has Hope in their care. The caseworker informed me that 1) they are in receipt of our pre-application; 2) they are in receipt of our letter of intent; 3) they have reviewed both; 4) waiting child adoptions move fast; 5) adoption is expensive; 6) they want to know how we're financing the adoption.
If that isn't the $20,000 question, I don't know what is.
Time for another pow-wow with my husband. I had so hoped to have a job by now. I'm not even sure a bank would finance some kind of loan for this without me being employed. I will definitely make a call or two, but I'm not sure. Of course, if a bank would hand over $27,000 for us to have a new covered patio room, perhaps they could float us a loan so we can move this process along?
Oh, how I hate this.
I so want this to be over and have Hope here with us.
I'll need to think of a good way to respond to this e-mail. Pray for guidance for me...oh, and a job too, please.